Civility in Today's Workplace
Few would argue that our society has become less civil - and the workplace is no exception. Today we can observe a continuum of behaviors and actions that include rude and discourteous behavior, electronic incivility and even "cybermobbing." Promoting a culture of mutual respect and effectively managing the risks associated with uncivil behavior has become crucial to organizational success.
- Explore the causes of incivility at work
- Review business costs associated with uncivil behavior
- Learn how behavior within an organization escalates within "the incivility spiral"
- Discuss forms of electronic incivility and the harm it can do
- Learn skills and tools useful in improving communication and preventing conflict
- Encourage participants to model respectful behavior in their organization